Friday 3 August 2012

Stop me and try one


The new issue of Tears In The Fence - no.55 to be exact - arrived in the post yesterday. In fact, two copies arrived, because I subscribe, and I also have a poem, Saltings, in this issue.

As you'll hopefully be able to see from the terrible photo (phone-cam, sorry) above, it's had an external makeover, with glossy, colour covers. Inside, though, the format is much the same. Lots of poetry, fiction, and a really hefty section of essays and reviews. The quality is excellent  as always (on my first skim through, I read fine poems by Kerry Featherstone, Mark Goodwin, Andy Brown and Rupert Loydell - I tend to turn to the names I know first), but there's also an awful lot to read. It's as much a book as a mag.

Anyway, instead of listening to me talk about it, you should try it yourself. There's a free copy going to the first person to claim it - just send me your details in the comment box of this post, and I'll mail it out to you. You will then, of course, become a subscriber and spread the word about one of the UK"s best literary mags, wont't you?

4 comments:

Jayne Stanton said...

I'd love a free copy, Matt!
Jayne Stanton
57 Saddington Road
Fleckney
Leics
LE8 8AX

Matt Merritt said...

Done! Very quick off the mark, Jane!

I'll get that in the post today.

Jayne Stanton said...

Thank s Matt! I'll look forward to that :)

The Editors said...

Thanks for this post, Matt: it's a good reminder that I need to send off my subscription this year. D'oh!

Simon @ Gists and Piths