Monday 21 February 2011

The Word Exchange

It's a well-known fact that the size of a 'Books I'd Like to Buy' list expands as fast as the available fund for said books shrinks.

It's also the case that, if you trawl the internet aimlessly for long enough, it will eventually push you in the direction of something you actually need or want to read. Such will be your relief that you'll forget the hours of rudderless link-clicking, and become convinced that your stumbling upon the page is either a near-miraculous coincidence, or the result of divine intervention.

A couple of weeks ago, I was looking for an anthology of translations of Anglo-Saxon poems, preferably a pretty exhaustive one, with the Old English version on the facing page. And today, I see this. There's a review of it here. I can only conclude that the internet is telling me something.

No comments: