Tuesday 20 April 2010

Magazines online

I just got an email informing me that Magma 36 is now online at the Poetry Library's digital magazine archive. It's a good issue, featuring the likes of Seamus Heaney, Billy Collins, Philip Gross, Bernard O'Donoghue, Claire Crowther, Peter Carpenter, Carrie Etter and many more - my own poem Hutt River Province is there too, down near the bottom.

My main reason for drawing attention to it, though, is just to flag up the archive more generally. If you've not seen it before, it's a great resource, with new mags and new issues being added all the time. Set aside plenty of time to browse it, though - there's an awful lot there.

Oh, and here's the advertising bit - that poem of mine appears in Troy Town, available direct from Arrowhead Press, or by emailing me at the link on the right (currently £7 inc p&p).

EDIT: Just noticed that April 21st is the 40th anniversary of the inauguration of the Principality of Hutt River (as it now is), inspiration for my poem. How appropriate!

3 comments:

Crafty Green Poet said...

I enjoyed reading your poem over there, Matt and yes the Poetry Library online is a great resource

Caroline Gill said...

Yes, I've also just discovered this resource. I came across the titles of my poems on 'The Seventh Quarry' pages on the site (& the poem texts are now up, too).

Just off to look for your poem, Matt...

Matt Merritt said...

They seem to have added an awful lot lately, don't they? Looking through The Seventh Quarry now...