Tuesday 3 May 2011

That was the month that was

Well, the madness that was April and NaPoWriMo 2011 is all over. It was the first time I'd taken part since 2007, and although I'm not sure how much of what was written will stand the test of time (by which I mean, will I still think it's worth keeping a month from now), it was a great exercise in forcing me to make time for writing every day. It also pushed me in one or two different directions, which could be interesting.

Anyway, I've taken the posts down for now, but as soon as I get a moment or two in the next week, I'll post them all to a page that's now listed in the bar at the top of this blog. Hopefully I can get the formatting, etc, to work a bit better. In the meantime, thanks very much to all those who offered advice and congratulations.

2 comments:

Roy Marshall said...

Congratulations Matt. I really admired your dailty delivery of a poem like a milk bottles. I hope the cream rises. All in all a triumph.

Thanks,
Roy

Matt Merritt said...

Thanks Roy! I haven't had a good look at them yet, so it might be a few weeks before I decide which ones are starting to go a bit sour.