Friday 30 October 2015

Alternative realities

A couple of weeks ago I came across this feature online, and only got round to reading it yesterday. All very intriguing, but I'm such a layman, scientifically, that I really need someone to explain a few things to me. 

For starters, how would it be possible to prove mathematically that these many interacting worlds exist (as the article seems to to suggest could happen)? I suspect that the answer is very hard to boil down to a few short paragraphs, although don't let that put you off trying!

2 comments:

Tim Love said...

If the theory could lead to a prediction about (say) the amount of Dark Matter in this universe, and that prediction was accurate, then support for the theory would begin to grow.

Matt Merritt said...

Ah ha, thanks Tim - that makes sense. I get what they're driving at now, I think.