Tuesday 6 September 2011

New at Nine Arches

Nine Arches Press have just launched their new blog, to complement their existing website. It will give some behind the scenes views, plus news of forthcoming projects, but I also like what Jane Commane has written on there about it allowing them to take new angles on some of their poetry and short story collections. I'm always wary of poets in any way explaining their work, but I think the sort of contextual comment that a poet can provide at a reading can only be a good thing.

And of course, while you're looking at all things Nine Arches, a reminder that hydrodaktulopsychicharmonica is available now, for £9.


2 comments:

Caroline Gill said...

I feel you have formulated this fine line 'thing' helpfully, Matt, in terms of the difference between explanations and 'contextual commentaries'. Just off to check the website ...

Matt Merritt said...

Thanks, Caroline. I'm gradually putting together a little commentary for each poem in the book on my hydrodaktulopsychicharmonica blog - I hope to finish it in the next week or so, so I'll flag it up on here.