Thursday 20 August 2009

It's that time of year again

I'll be at Birdfair, over at Rutland Water, tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday, so pop along to Marquee 2 and say hello if you're there too. If I'm not there, I'll probably be hanging around the Peru stand, trying to get my hands on the free pisco sours.

Officially, it's work, but I'd be going anyway (although not all three days, admittedly), and this year we seem to have good weather for it. It does make it rather hot inside the marquees, but better that than a Glastonbury-style mudbath.

2 comments:

Caroline Gill said...

Have a great time. When we lived in Cambridge, Rutland Water was one of our regular outings.

Thank you very much for your informative corvid comments on my blog: much appreciated. I can't get 'Crow Country' out of my system: an amzing book.

Tony Williams said...

We were at Rutland Water last week - we think we saw ospreys, but we forgot to take binoculars!

I did find a giant puffball though - delicious fried over a camping stove for breakfast.